Thursday, November 6, 2008

Scenes from a South Beach Halloween

Halloween has long been one of my favorite holidays, but ironically, for the two years that I've lived here, I've missed Halloween on Lincoln Road (from which I lived half a block away, BTW.)

Last year was my first experience on Lincoln Road and it was crazy packed, worse than the grove. But it's hilarious. This year el hombre and I dressed as ninjas and hit South Beach to scope the freaks, geeks, ghosties and ghouls. Ironically, the place that took Pacific Time's spot aptly describes Lincoln Road Halloween festivities:
Photobucket

You see all sorts of costumes, we all know that. The most prominant was the slutty pirate and the drag queens:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of being political, this is a strange sign outside the Wolfsonian:
Photobucket

EspaƱola Way was more quiet and pretty:
Photobucket

And of course, what's SoBe without people ridin' dirty?
Photobucket

Or a random sumo wrestler looking for a worthy foe (he didn't see me because of my ninja-like skills!)
Photobucket

No comments: