Thursday, July 17, 2008

So, sometimes you see some really weird things...

I was going for a walk one evening in my neighborhood, and turned the corner and saw this. I was quite perplexed at the sight I saw. A HUGE purple and orange big rig was spurting out red Ferrari's out its backside and there were two flashy lookin' guys in suits and two (I'm not lying) mullet and moustachioed men standing around them - I think one of them was wearing something sleeveless, I'm pretty sure, but it could be my memory playing tricks on me. Then, one of the mustache-men got in one of the sporty cars and started driving up and down the street. Anyway, as I watched this go on, I neglected to see what the truck said and turned to look. On the side of the truck it said "STRAIGHTUP ENTERPRIZES" and to the right of that is the picture of a crucifix which says "He Never Let Go." I was amazed so I took a photo. But what does that mean, "He Never Let Go?" He never let go of hope or faith or he never let go because he was nailed to a cross and couldn't get down? I don't get it and still don't.

Then, it gets better, after I walked around for a bit I came back and they were starting to pull away, after the guys drove their Ferrari's around and loaded them back into the truck. It was starting to get dark so I noticed that there were red lights all over the bottom lining the truck. Red, orange and purple - what a fabulous color scheme (I'm kidding of course). Anyway, as the truck slowly droned down the street, I noticed the back - the bright orange door was all lit up - in the shape of a glowing red crucifix. I watched it pull away and watched it until the red cross disappeared on the horizon. It was really odd and I haven't seen them since. I was going to look them up to see what they are all about but haven't gotten around to it. Here's the only photo I was able to snap - I didn't want them to catch me in my amazement:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Found this on your favorite Christian "enterprise". Why does the fact that they are from Alabama not surprise me?

http://demandbase.demandbase.com/directory/search/Company/S/STR/STRAIGHT-UP%20ENTERPRISES,%20INC.%20/271018

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_g2n2ym

El Capitan said...

Crazy! Thanks! I have nothing against Alabama (love Orange Beach and Gulf Shores - great mini golf), hell I've even been to an Enterprise, Alabama (if my memory is correct it is near Selma)....which is even stranger that this company has Enterprise in their name....I'll have to do some more investigating. I still wonder why they were carting around ferrari's and were in my 'hood. It's a mystery to me.