Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beachy Sundays

So I met one of my cohorts on Lincoln Road on Sunday for shopping, food and scoping the strangeness. Despite the occasional Monsoon-like weather it was relaxing, and I always love checking out the market, even if it's the off-season microversion.




We both admired the flowers that bloom on this tree. And also the air potatos (which are illegal to grow, plant and sell in Miami-Dade)

You find a mix of venders on Lincoln Road on Sunday:

Like people selling fruits and veggies. This particular vendor was not any better of a deal than the grocery. Boo to that, since I wanted to buy avocados.


But you can always find orchids!


The Chabad House has always had this booth, but it was abandoned because of the rain. It never fails to amaze me that Miami Beach is essentially a sin den, but there is a very strong, devout jewish population there. It's an interesting dichotomy.


My cohort made a new friend...


The rest of Miami has roosters, Miami Beach has flamingos. Go fig.

3 comments:

El Capitan said...

I spotted a flamingo in the Grove the other night. I'll take a pic next time I'm there. They're making their way mainland!

Anonymous said...

i know! there's one on the mile too, i have to snap it. el seƱor suggested we come back after dark and take pictures riding it

El Capitan said...

I think that's a fantastic idea. Maybe we can get some photos riding the cocks, er, roosters on Calle Ocho too...