Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I like to do it Tribal Style

So I have a little bit of an addictive personality, and one of my obsessions is exercise. But I hate going to the gym because the smallest thing throws me off my routine, so I am constantly on the lookout for things I can do that are fun and keep my attention. One of my favorite things is Shotokan Karate and another is bellydance, in particular tribal fusion.

So after a year's absence I went back to my tribal class today and I am feeling it! Anyone who thinks dancing is not a workout has never taken Alicia's class. That's for damn sure. But even though I will probably be aching tomorrow I feel a hundred times better. I've been super stressed with work, apartment situation and money, so going and getting a break from my karate routine was definitely a good kick.

I think with this I'm going to try to chronicle other Miami activities to keep you interested and in shape. But first, a nice relaxing lavender bath to relax my poor muscles some...

No comments: