Monday, July 7, 2008

It's like Jurassic Park, but smaller

Look at this guy:


I went to Jupiter, Fla (I know - awesome name!) the other day. It's a super quiet, peaceful place - especially if you live in the crazy, loud, a million miles per second hectic home that is Miami-Dade - and is a nice place to escape to once in a while. Anyway, these guys are all over the place. They are the most adorable lizards I've ever seen with their little squat arms and legs and tails curled up almost to their heads. I haven't seen them down here. If anyone knows what it's called let me know. They were running all over the place. Adorable! If they were bigger and ate people, then we might have a problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

unless we could train them! interesting

Steve said...

I know which ones youre talking about but I cant remember the damn name. The only place Ive seen those lizards in Miami is outside a friend's place in the mulch where this huge tree is. A friend told me the name of them one time but I cant remember it nor the friend who told me it. Jupiter is great though. Its really built itself up a lot in the past 4-5 years.

El Capitan said...

Yeah, I like it up there - especially when things get too hectic down here. If you can find out what those lil critters are that would be fantastic! They are adorable!