Monday, March 2, 2009

Miami BBQ

Only in Miami would you find a place where you pull off a major street to eat BBQ, ride ponys and rock out to salsa and reggaeton. And that place would be the Pitt, way down Calle Ocho/8th Street/Tamiami Trail, by the Miccosukee.

I am typically hesitant about BBQ in Miami because I am mainly a fan of Carolina BBQ, but when you've just come from a 15 mile bike ride, you get less picky. I ended up with ribs and El Hombre with the rib/chicken combo, and despite the fact that the ribs are all a dry rub, and not glazed the way I like, they were pretty good. They came with fries and a biscuit, which was more like a cross between a hush puppy and a biscuit. Tasty.

This place also had the cheesy factor which always appeals to me. I would never drive that far just to go for the food, but if you are out in the 'glades and you want to grab something on the way back, it's worth it to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: