Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Exploring South Miami-Dade County (Part two)

As mentioned in the previous post, our adventures down south also took us to the Homestead Farmers Market, off US1 and 244 St. You see the bargain market from the road and thats essentially where you turn. The farmers market is an open air market comprised of fruits, veggies, dried spices, fresh fish and plants. This is hands-down the best market I have been to. It's huge and insanely cheap. In addition, the people there were all very nice.

Photobucket

There are several plant venders, including the one below, which had a surprising name for Miami-Dade County:
Photobucket
More power to them, I guess. I would imagine that name doesn't get a good amount of business from the Cuban population, but what do I know?

But enough of that, here's the good stuff:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And this last picture is for Maria, over at Volunteering at Fairchild:
Photobucket

Seriously, I wanted to buy everything. We walk away with Mandarin Oranges, mangos, 1/2 pound of green beans, an onion and avocados and we paid maybe $5 for that.

3 comments:

El Capitan said...

Wow!

Suz said...

I love this spot! We're starting to go once a week...we're even arranging a carpool/caravan on Monday! (So worth the drive!)

Unknown said...

Wow. I haven't been to Robert is Here in years... I should go and visit the next time I'm down in Homestead to check on my two little babies (which just happen to be the Harris Quest FM transmitters for WRGP, FIU's radio station.)