Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jimbo's - Miami's Own Circus

So I meant to write about Jimbo's eons ago. And I just happened to come across a picture that reminded me of it. It's such a weird/cool/un-Miami-like of a place, it doesn't feel like it belongs here. And so close to South Beach, it's sort of ironic. It's really close to where I live, yet I always forget it's there. The combination of the house boats, rundown school buses, the woods, Veterans, cats, smoked fish, cans of beer, bocce ball, the music, fish-hungry cats, hippies and non-hippies....it's definitely one of the more unique places I've been in Miami. I have a couple of friends who are working on a documentary about Jimbo's. I would not suggest going in the middle of summer as I have before (the bug's will git ya!) but maybe now, once it cools down a bit, may be the time. I need to make a visit soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jimbos!

I always mean to post about it, but never seem to make it connect.

El Capitan said...

I know. I was thinking about it yesterday. Then, someone mentioned to me how they're doing a photo shoot there this weekend - it's an odd place for a fashion shoot, but whatever, it's Miami, right?

We should go sometime!

herocious said...

hey - jimbo's is a cool place! i wrote about it after swamp stomp. if you're interested, here's the link:

http://theopenend.com/2009/07/01/the-black-hole-rachel-goodrich/

just trying to make friends here with other miami bloggers.

nastrovia!