Monday, July 27, 2009

Miami Spa Month

I think that Miami Spa Month is possibly one of the greatest things the city has come up with. Is it because I get ridiculously stressed out over things because I have the tendency to take too much on? Probably. But that's not important. What is important is that Miami Spa Month is fantastic.

I posed about a week and a half ago that I am going to be taking a bit of a rest from blogging, simply because I am taking a rest from running around like crazy all weekend. But I wanted to write about this experience, in case anyone wanted to take advantage of the last few days of the month (Spa Month lasts from July 1-July 31.) So where did I go? The Palms Hotel, and I highly recommend it.

First of all, the Palms has one of the best deals, you get either a massage or a facial with a manicure/pedicure. Most places only offer a massage or a facial or some body treatment, which to me is not worth $100 on it's own. Secondly, the Palms is an Aveda spa. That's huge to me. Anyone who knows me well knows I am very brand loyal, and that I have been going to Aveda salons since I was young (for haircuts.) I just really like the product, their mission and the whole experience that comes with an Aveda salon. For example, they were environmentally oriented before it became cool a few years back.

Anyways, I digress. As you walk in, there's the unmistakable scent of an Aveda salon/spa, a very relaxing herbal essential oils scent. The service was impeccable, and the whole spa was just very chilled out, with low down-tempo lounge world music playing. Between the massage and my nails, they have you wait in the "relaxation room." Basically it's a room with lounge chairs inside and outside, water (laced with lemons) and fruit. I decided to lounge outside on a chaise. It's been raining all week, so it was overcast, warm and there was water flowing from a nearby fountain. The combination of all these factors kept me totally relaxed and not all hyped-up ADHD like I normally am when I have to wait around for something.

Overall, I highly recommend the spa. Going back to the service, just the fact that they had such phenomenal service on Miami Beach alone is worth it. But the whole air of the place doesn't help either.

2 comments:

Caterina said...

Eeek! Only three days left....how I wish it was every month :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe they will extend it like they did last year

That would be delightful!