Thursday, June 28, 2012

Design District Spa

For the last few years I have been a patron of Emena Spa in the design district. It started off innocently enough -- a friend of mine called me to let me know there was a Groupon for laser hair, and she wanted to know if I would try it with her.  I thought about it and agreed, only to find out that she never bought the Groupon.

So I figured that if I hated it, I wouldn't really lose a ton of money, and why not try it out? Many of my friends are huge advocates of Miami.  I was actually more concerned about the type of service I would receive, and pleasantly mistaken. 

Miami is notorious for rude service. It is absolutely part of the norm to be ignored or treated like less of a person. But this has never happened to me at Emena, and after several years of being a customer I figure it's the least I can do to share my experience.

When I first started going to Emena, it was a small spa, offering limited services and they used the Groupon to get new business.  Christina, the owner, was always there (and still is, more often than not) greeting people, checking them in and chatting with them.  Since that time she has grown out her business to include more services, and each of the employees and techs have been professional and nice. The area is modern, clean and inviting and they run great specials and deals throughout the year.

The one thing I do have to mention is that appointments tend to run behind schedule a bit, but when all your patrons run on Miami time, that's to be expected.

If you live in or around the Midtown area and want to try out a new spa, head over and check them out!

No comments: